Traditional Japanese Sweets - Walking Tour in Asakusa
US $147.40 / Group
by 0 users
Description of this tour
You can enjoy eating traditional Japanese sweets in Asakusa. Asakusa is the best tourists destination in Tokyo to experience the most vibrant and reminicent atmosphere of traditional Japan. You can choose two sweet shops out of four. (You can choose three or more shops, if you would like to.) and we visit the shops.
Please feel free to combine two sweet shops from the following four shops:
1. "Awa Zenzai"& "Anmitsu" shop: "Zenzai" is a traditional Japanese sweet served in a bowl. It is made of "Azuki", red beans, millet sweetened with sugar. "Anmitsu" is a traditonal Japanese desert made of small cubes of "kanten" (agar jelly), cooked red peas, "shiratama dango"(sweet dampling) and fruit such as Japanese organge and cherry.
2. Asakusa Kibidando Shop: "Kibidango"is a traditional Japanese sweet dumpling.
3. Rikyu Manjyu (Rikyu bun with a bean-jam filling) shop: "Manjyu" is a traditional Japanese sweet.
4. Macha(powdered green tea) Tiramisu shop: Macha is a traditional Japanese powdered green tea. Tiramisu is an Italian dessert. So this is a combination dessert of Japan and Italy.
Regrding the sweets, there are a lot of shops selling traditional japanese sweets such as Ningyo-yaki (doll-shaped pancake stuffed with sweet been paste), Kaminari-okoshi (sweet rice cracker) and Dango (rice dampling in a sweet soy sauce) in a precinct of the Senso-ji Temple in Asakusa. I will introduce you to these shops and explain these sweets. You can buy the sweets as a souvenir at the shops, if you like. You will be able to get to know about the traditional Japanese sweets more deeply. You will also be able to get to know about how to worship & how to purify yourself in the temple, when you visit the Senso-ji Temple.
Hello, I am Shinya Endo. I was born in Tokyo and brought up there. I am a National Goverment Licenced Guide Interpreter. I have lived in Tokyo more than 40 years. Before I became an English guide, I worked for a global German certification company. Since I am a Tokyoite, I can give you valuable information about interesting places which are not written on ordinary guide books. I would like to support you to make your trip much more fun and wonderful. I want to make you simile, surprise and happy through my tour!
I like to read books. I like to play sports. (tennis and skiing) I like to go to see the art museum and traditional Japanese art such as Kabuki and Woodblock prints, or Ukiyoe in Japanese. Let's enjoy exploring Japan with me. I look forward to seeing you!
Sample Tour Timeline
Meet at your hotel in Tokyo
- Note: Payment for 2 sweet shops in total is about below $17 per person.
・Pick up fee at your hotel ($18 ) is included in the guide fee.
・Payment for sweets and drink at the shop is not included.
・Minimum number of participants is one.
・If you are allergic to some specific food or drink, please let us know in advnce.
Any trip or experience can be canceled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase.
Downtown atmosphere in Tokyo "YANESEN"
by Toshihiko Tsuboi
From US $104.50 〜 / Group
Koyasan, Mausoleum of Kobo Daishi
by Natsumi Hirata
From US $98.00 〜 / Group
Quiet tour on Shinto shrine, Japanese landscape garden and Bonsai art in Saitama
by Yuuji Adachi
From US $72.00 〜 / Group
Make your own Chicken Ramen at Chicken Ramen Factory
by Takeshi Hamano
From US $107.09 〜 / Group
Exciting Asakusa (Sensou-ji temple) and cherry blossom (sakura) viewing
by Tomoko Koizumi
From US $137.00 〜 / Person
Beautiful hill covered with flowers
by Masao Otsuka
From US $241.00 〜 / Group