On the foot of Mt. Fuji - Exploration of the Aokigahara forest and a visit to a traditional craft village
US $182.50 / Group
by 0 users
You see and experience - Amazing natural beauty of the Aokigahara forest and the traditional craft village with the nostalgic atmosphere of the Japanese old days.
Aokigahara, the Sea of Trees, stretches over the northwest base of Mt.Fuji. It's a distinctive forest in that trees have densely grown on the lava plateau. Incredible formation of lava and creepy-looking roots spreading over the thin layer of soil have created a mystical and serene atmosphere.
Exploration of the Aokigahara forest includes entering into an amazing lava cave called "Saiko Bat Cave". It's a habitat of bats during the winter. After a hike, you head for a traditional craft village where the traditional Japanese-style houses welcome you with a nostalgic atmoshere. Workshops and shops of traditional Japanese items are available. So is a rental Kimono!! If the weather permits, you see a breathtaking view of Mt.Fuji at the lakeside on the way.
About Tomomi Yuyama
Hi! I am Tomomi, a nationally certifed tour guide and a certified nature guide exclusively in the Aokigahara forest. I was born and raised on the foot of Mt.Fuji blessed with amaizingly beautiful nature. As an expert in its surroundings, I'll navigate you to the distinctive places unknown to tourists so that you'll be able to have unforgettable memories!
I'm knowledgeable not only about the nature of the Mt.Fuji area but also about Japanese cluture, especially Japanese Tea Ceremony. I would like you to experience the different aspects of Japan through my tours.
What you need is just your curiosity!!
Sample Tour Timeline
Kawaguchiko station - Catch a sightseeing bus for Saiko Bat Cave. (Two-day pass/1300JPY)
- Warm jacket - The Aokigahara area is located at the altitude of 900m, so it's much cooler than the other places such as Tokyo and Osaka.
- Shoes suitable for a hike - Some parts of the trail are bumpy due to its lava-covered ground. Sneakers are recommendable.
- Food and drinks including lunch (Japanese-style restaurants serving the local speciality called "Hoto noodles" are available at the traditional craft village.)
- Admission fees for Saiko Bat Cave (300JPY) and Saiko Iyashi no sato (350JPY)
- Transportation expense (Two-day pass for the sightseeing bus : 1300JPY)
＊Please book the tour, 2 days in advance.
＊In the event of severe weather conditions, the itinerary may be changed. In that case, the schedule change would be imformed in advance.
Any trip or experience can be canceled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase.